Mobile Gaming giant Zynga has finally released Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells. The game had been on pre-registration since early August and had received extremely positive reviews throughout the whole pre-registration process. Developed by Portkey games, this game follows the tried and tested 3-Match concept that has become very popular in the casual mobile gaming scene. The game has been in development since March and was officially greenlit this week.
Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells – Gameplay & Features
The games follow the iconic 3-Match gameplay popularized by the likes of Candy Crush Saga along with a lot of story input. This game allows you to push the boundaries of the 3-Match system. Not only do you have an addictive gameplay aspect, but also a lot of story quests to get through. Here are some of the gameplay features:
- As you progress through the story, you unlock special moments from the official Harry Potter films.
- Large amount of unlockable and upgradable content through XP.
- Card collection feature allows the players to receive a “marvelous creature” that will assist them in solving puzzles.
- Unique daily events to prevent the gameplay from getting stale.
- Highly addictive 3-Match system to keep the players intrigued for a long time.
The game is free to download from the Google Play Store and Apple AppStore. The game has amassed an incredible 4.9 and 4.7 rating on Android and iOS respectively. A lot of that positive feedback can be credited to the fact the game did the fundamentals right. The gameplay is super addictive yet not repetitive. The side-quests make the game even more fun. Although some people think the game gets a bit “Pay to win” on the later half, most people disagree. The game has great graphics, the gameplay is great and in general, has a great feel for any Harry Potter fan.
That’s all for this post folks! For more news around Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells and other mobile games, stay tuned with Mobile Mode Gaming.