Niantic, the company behind Pokemon GO has just announced that it will be making some of the changes to the game permanent. At the same time, a few changes will be rolled back. During the Covid-19 era, Pokemon GO's gameplay was slightly changed to promote social distancing and discourage people from going out. Most of these gameplay changes are now going to be permanent. However, some of the special bonuses are going to be removed.
Pokemon GO Changes amidst Covid-19
To encourage social distancing, Pokemon go went through multiple changes. They were as follows:
- You could gather gifts from PokeStops even if you didn't leave your home.
- The distance walked to hatch rare Pokemon from eggs was halved.
- Incense sticks worked constantly regardless of whether you were walking or not.
- Gameplay changes to prevent the players from leaving the house.
Changes to be removed and changes to stay
Starting from October 1st, the bonus incentives will be removed. As such, following are the changes that the players should expect to see:
- Now, you'll be only able to obtain gifts from PokeStops when you are running low.
- The distance required to walk to hatch the eggs will be brought back to normal, requiring players to walk more.
- The incense will not work when the player is static. Their effectiveness will only be increased while walking.
Since a lot of countries have loosened their lockdown regulations, Niantic has tweaked the gameplay to urge the players to go out and do some physical activity. However, all changes have not been removed. Here are some of the changes that have been made permanent:
- The maximum number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag at a time will stay at 20.
- You will continue to receive three times the Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day.
- The incense duration will now permanently be 60 minutes.
These changes should adapt the players enough to go out of the house enough but now always stay out of the house. Pokemon GO is free to download from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. That's all for this post folks! For future Pokemon GO and Gaming updates, stay tuned with Mobile Mode Gaming.