The super-hit game Terraria that has been one of the old guards of games on all platforms was given a massive update titled “1.4 Journey’s End” on its PC platforms on May 16th– The 9th Anniversary of the game. The same update has now hit the Android and iOS platforms. The 1.3 update previously added full controller support to the game. Many players were wondering when the Journey’s End content update would arrive for Terraria on mobile devices and the devs have decided to put it ahead of the console updates.
This update brings a lot of features to the game. Here’s some of the most interesting ones:
- New game modes – Journey/Master and Golf
- New bosses and mythical beasts.
- A whole new soundtrack. In total 14 new in game soundtracks.
- Over 1000 new items which will bring the total item count of the game to over 5000.
- A whole new terraria toolbox for enthusiasts and level designers to play around with.
- A ton of quality of life changes which change how the game was played completely.
True First Impressions:
The Journey’s end update is supposed to be the last content update for Terraria. The iconic game that has satisfied it’s die-hard fanbase for over 9 years will now finally no longer receive no new content. In the 1.3 update, the consoles were highly prioritised to get the update first which led to a lot of frustration and dismay among the mobile players because of the delays. As such, nothing but compliments to the developers for prioritising the mobile devices first this time. The update is bang on of what every players needed. New content, minor gameplay changes and a lot of factors that increase the immersion in the game.
Terraria is a paid title that costs $4.99 on the mobile platform. You can check the game out on Google Play Store and iOS. That’s all for this post folks. For more awesome gaming content, keep in touch with Mobile Mode Gaming.