VIZOR APPS LTD. popular for the games Klondike Adventure, Mahjong Treasure and Zombie Castaway have unveiled their new project “Atlantis Odyssey“. All three of previously published games by them have more than 10,000,000 Downloads and have all gotten generally favorable reviews. Atlantis Odyssey, originally called Atlantis Adventures is an adventure-simulation game in which you follow Atlantis trails and explore Atlantean civilization. This title is not to be confused with that of “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis”. The two games and franchises are in no way linked.
Atlantis Odyssey: Gameplay & Features
The game follows the conventional simulation gameplay style. Following are the salient features:
- Follow adventurers Robert and Nicole into Atlantis.
- “Click and play” gameplay. Simplistic and intuitive controls which will be easy to learn for any seasoned mobile gamer.
- Earning in-game money by farming/trading.
- Unlock new areas as you progress further into the game.
- Upgrade and unlock new buildings and improve your civilization.
- Build and restore monuments/historic places.
Atlantis Odyssey has a ton of potential. The only question is, how efficiently will the developers be able to realize it? The Simulation-Adventure genre with a nice story is a hugely appealing factor for most people. The game seems to take a lot of inspiration from the likes of popular PC games like “Age of Empires”. The biggest wow factor for this game would be a multiplayer mode. Allowing players to cross over into each other’s stories may save this game from getting lost in the crowd. Since the genre in question is full of new and upcoming titles, we really need to see something innovating for a game to stand out. But for now, we have to wait and see until the beta goes live.